Join us as in Downtown Vancouver at The Post at 750 (110 – 750 Hamilton Street) as we celebrate the beautiful bitters grown right here in British Columbia. This event will feature radicchio-themed tasters from local chefs, product demos, examples of participatory vegetable-breeding projects, great beer, wine and spirit pairings and an opportunity to meet local farmers passionate about growing chicories. Tickets are $35 and include tasters from all restaurants and your first drink. Our line-up of chefs includes:
- Burdock & Co – Chef Andrea Carlson
- Savio Volpe – Chef Melanie Witt
- Farmer’s Apprentice – Chef Alden Ong
- Pilgrimme – Chef Jesse McCleery
- Ubuntu Canteen – Chef David Gunawan
The tasting menu includes:
- Prosciutto and Pecorino stuffed Treviso Radicchio, Grilled with a Black Garlic Crumb.
- Radicchio Canederli in brodo (a small, northern Italian bread and Chicoria dumpling served in a hot broth)
- Radicchio salad with marinated Mushrooms, Ubriaco Rosso and fresh Pears
- Treviso with Smoked Herring, Fermented Chili and Pear
- Summerhill Winery: Cipes Brut, 2016 Organic Gewurztraminer and 2016 Organic Marechal Foch
- The Woods Spirit Co: Amaro
- Fieldhouse Brewing: Dutch Pale Ale, North American Imperial Sour (Parkside Collaboration)
Enjoy live music by Kevin Castro, sample a full range of radicchios, learn about plant breeding from the BC Seeds Project and celebrate these elegant vegetables.
Tickets are available here: https://radicchiofestival.eventbrite.ca